Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Handicap Index
    Golf Blog Entries

Golf Rules Quiz 11 - Does that stroke count?

1. A golfer swings at the golf ball and misses the ball completely. Does that stroke count?
    Yes

2. A golfer stops their swing in the middle of the downswing. Does that stroke count?
    No

3. Your club head comes off on the back swing and you complete your swing at the golf ball. Does that stroke count?
    This situation was covered in decision 14/2. When a golfer completes a forward swing with just a shaft, no stroke is made because the shaft by itself is not a golf club. So no, the stroke does not count(but why in the world would you finish your swing without a club head? You will know the instant the club head comes off of a club and it is every easy to stop the swing at this point).

4. Your club head comes off on the downswing and you complete your swing and miss the ball. Does that stroke count?
    This situation is covered by decision 14/3. Yes, this stroke counts

5. Your club head comes off on the downswing and you stop your swing. Does this stroke count?
    No it does not. You are considered to have checked your downswing voluntarily so the stroke does not count.

Bonus Question:
    Your clubhead comes off on downswing and you stop your swing but the momentum of the club head causes it to fly into your golf ball and move it. Does this stroke count?
    This situation is covered by decision 14/4. The stroke itself does not count, as you voluntarily stopped your swing. However, you will incur a 1 stroke penalty for your equipment causing the golf ball to move. You must also replace the golf ball to its original position.

Re: Golf Rules Quiz 11 - Does that stroke count?

Has golf god spotted the error?

Handicap Index
    Golf Blog Entries

Golf god is full of crap and could not spot a rules error if his life depended on it. Plus I think he is getting scared off from everyone calling him out. I have not seen him online in a few days.

So where is the mistake in the quiz this time?

Let us see if golf god says anything

He probably didn't respond because there isn't one.

Handicap Index
    Golf Blog Entries

Well, I usually only see him around during the weekdays. I think he has a job where he sits in front of a computer all day and gets bored and causes trouble online.

Pathetic! You think I can be fooled that easily? This quiz is so basic it is laughable. I am sure most junior golfers would know all of these answers, and maybe even some women "golfers".

Contributor 2011 Cleveland Wedge Winner waywest's Avatar
    Handicap Index

Hey Golf God,

Would you stop ripping on defenseless women and children and tell us all how your logo relates to your golf game. Oh wait, it just relates to you being as dumb as a schlong shaped rock...

Keep your willy, willy dumb posts coming...they make me smile.

Contributor 2011 Cleveland Wedge Winner waywest's Avatar
    Handicap Index

By the way...golf god, if you wanted to rip on poor waterboy's quiz, you would have noted that his grammar is grade-schoolish.

#3: What you will "no" what when your club falls off mid-swing?

Answer: That you're a bozo for not knowing the difference between "no" and "know".

Handicap Index
    Golf Blog Entries

I have know idea what your talking about. I no you can't possibly be calling my grammar poor.