Difference between TaylorMade R11 and TaylorMade R1

Is there any difference between the TaylorMade R11 and TaylorMade R1, other than cosmetics? The R11 has dropped down to $300 now but would it be worth the extra $100 to get the R1 instead?

Re: Difference between TaylorMade R11 and TaylorMade R1

Absolutely...The R1 has the ultimate flexibility so it can be tweaked perfectly. No need to purchase it just yet - why don't you try both first? Just came across another site which I signed up for after seeing a post on here. See golfredefined.com. Well worth a look before you purchase...

After looking closer, I see that you can move the R11 loft 1.5 and the R1 moves 2 . The face angle on the R11 adjusts 3 . I can't find specifics on the R1, but I think it is also 3 . They both have the moveable weight system. You can also adjust the lie on the R1 from standard to upright and the R11 does not have that. I don't need the upright lie, so the real difference for me is do I need that extra .5 of loft adjustment?

All depends on your particular type of swing, speed, tendency to slice etc. Best thing is to just try it. I mean the R11 is still a great driver but I believe (and I've had the chance to demo the R1) that the R1 will be better for your game if you go get it fitted to you...Hope that helps

The R11 comes in 9, 10.5 and 12 degree lofts where the R1 only has one head and you adjust it to where you want it. While you have more restriction with the 1.5 degree adjustments, you can get to 7.5 degrees and 13.5 degrees with the R11. You just can not do that with a single head.

Bought the R1 Black after the price drop. Was planning on trading in the R11.Went golfing the other day using the R1. I usually outdrive my one partner by about 25 yards but this day it was only about 10.Took both drivers to the range tonight. Both were set at 10* loft ,neutral face angle, and neutral shot shape. The R11 was longer and a more consistent shot shape so it's staying in the bag for now. Wonder if the lighter shaft in the R1 was the difference?

Handicap Index
    Golf Blog Entries

A lighter shaft should theoretically allow for a higher swing speed, resulting in a longer drive. But that could in turn cause you to miss the sweet spot and loss some distance.

Went golfing the other day using the R1. I usually outdrive my one partner by about 25 yards but this day it was only about 10
    Did your partner get a new driver or improve his swing or play a new type of ball or start working out?

Nope.